- The list of faculty staffs are updated.（Faculty staff)
- The 1st Mahidol Univ-Osaka Univ joint symposium was held in Bangkok.（PDF)
- Message from Course Chairman in FY2019: Masahiro Kono-oka.（Message)
- Ceremony of midterm examination evaluation was held. （Ceremony)
- Our Emeritus Professor Takuya Nihira passed away on Sep 17. We would like to express our sincere condolences.
- Special Lectures were held to celebrate Professors Okuda and Büchs for awarding their Honorary Degrees by Osaka University
- Presentation by Mr Hiroyuki OHASHI (D3 student) as a first author was selected as topics award in the 2018 annual meeting of the Japan Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology and Agrochemistry (JSBBA)（click here）
- Midterm examination for master course students was held.（click here）
- [Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho/MEXT) Scholarship Students for "Biotechnology Global Human Resource Development Program"] Application information for enrollment in October 2018.（click here） The Application period: Nov 20, 2017 - Dec 8, 2017 (4PM, Japan standard time)
- [Privately Financed International Students for "Biotechnology Global Human Resource Development Program"] Application information for enrollment in October 2018.（click here） The Application period: Oct 20, 2017 - Nov 16, 2017 (4PM, Japan standard time)
- Our edX lecture on "Metabolomics in Life Sciences" will be launched on Oct 3.（click here)
- Leaflet and website for "Biotechnology Global Human Resource Development Program" is available.
（click here(file size: 50 MB))(Go to Link）
- Osaka University and BioFarma establish a contract (MOU) for research and education （click here (Bahasa Indonesia)）
- Assistant professor Sastia Prama Putri was featured in Indonesian news paper（click here(Bahasa Indonesia)）
- Publication list in 2016 has been updated（click here）
Message from the Course Chairman
|For the past few decades, biotechnology has been rapidly advancing together with the development of life sciences. There are great expectations for biotechnology to produce medicine, preserve the natural environment, and perform other roles. The Department of Biotechnology is an academic subject in the School of Engineering that is unique in Japan. It is based on biology, physics, and chemistry, and seeks to elucidate the mechanism behind various biological phenomena and research and educate on the academic and cutting-edge technology that can be applied to those mechanisms from an engineering standpoint.
For example, the department conducts research on everything from microorganisms to animals and plants to search for useful compounds for foods, beverages, medicine, and agrochemicals, establishes theories for manufacturing them, develop new biological functions and environmental clean-up systems, and otherwise makes life science useful to everyday life. With this goal in mind, we research and educate on cutting edge technologies in fields such as genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology, cellular engineering, protein engineering, and biochemical engineering, and send skilled staff out into the world.
|Division of Advanced Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
Course Chairman in FY2019: Masahiro Kono-oka
|Download （Click here）|
Related Divisions and Centers
|International Center for Biotechnology||Department of Bioinformatic Engineering, |
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
|Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research||Institute for Protein Research|
|Joint Research Chair / Research Alliance Laboratories|